Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motorola W385 flashed to Boost Mobile. No longer have service, but need to...

...get pics off....Any ideas? Facts: I have an old Moto W385 that we used to use that had service through Boost Mobile. It no longer has service. I was getting ready to recycle it along with some other throw away phones when I realized there are baby pics from when my daughter was born on there that I never sent to my email. My goal is to have these pics moved either to a computer or to another phone.

What I have already tried: I got the Motorola Phone Tools, updated it fully, plugged the phone in and for some reason it says it is not compatible. Whatever. I gather that my only other option for accessing these pics is through Bluetooth. None of the computers in my home are Bluetooth compatible, never had any need. I do have a blackberry curve 8130 that is Bluetooth compatible, and I can get them to see each other but not to stay connected.

What I need: I need to know if there is any other way, other than moto phone tools, to patch this blasted phone into my laptop. If not, is there a way to get it to communicate with the blackberry? If not, do I have any other options, that don't cost me money, to get these pics? As you can probably tell, it's incredibly important that I get these pics moved asap. Please don't tell me to do something I've already done, or something that is going to cost me an arm and a leg, because it won't help.
    The phone does not have active service, it's been off for months. Activating it to get 20 pics is incredibly costly and extreme, to say the least, considering I'd be looking at a minimum charge of $50 for service, and they don't offer refunds if you cancel before your service month is up. That and I've already spent $60 on the software, so I don't have any more room in my budget for this. I wish it were that easy, but we are WAAAAY past texting at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Install the USB Drivers and Bitpim, you have to search through the phone to see where it's storing the pics. But you'll get them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you text or email them to yourself