So my upstairs neighbors are young and black. n they are a couple. last

t~Aneek~t

Nov 6, 2011
night i heard them arguing. ? This is the 3rd time this month. Well he's been hitting her really hard all I hear is her screaming and crying. And loud thumps and curse words and her running should I stay out of it or call the cops next time because he hit her so hard it made me wanna cry....wat do I do??

I'm not sure what race has to do with this. What if they were old and white? Domestic violence is domestic violence. Call the police, they will keep the call confidential if you ask them to.

I don't see how their age or colour or the fact they're a couple has anything to do with this. Isn't it enough that you hear your neighbour being assaulted? You should call the police next time and just tell them the man is beating the woman and she's screaming.
You should also mention it to your building manager.

The fact that they're black is irrelevant. Call 911 immediately next time. Once is too much, but three times in a month is heading for tragedy. For the woman being hit, you could be the only person on the planet who's willing/able to help her. There's an old saying: If you're not part of the solution...then you're part of the problem".

It's very distressing to hear someone being assaulted. Next time it happens call the police you may save the woman's life.

Call the cops. Not sure why the reference to race is in any way relevant. There are men of all races who think they are somehow superior to women and can rule them

Next time you hear it you call the cops. If you were in that situation wouldn't you want someone to intervene? And by intervene I don't mean go up there with your baseball bat, but by calling the police and reporting a disturbance. If she were to die in an incident that you overheard but did nothing then I'm pretty certain you would feel quite terrible about that. I know I would.

Call the police and tell them that they are keeping up a lot of noise, describe what you are hearing. They'll send someone to check it out. Just be prepared though, they usually don't like getting too involved in domestic violence (if that is what is going on) especially when the woman winds up not pressing charges or goes back to the guy (I would say man but he's not a man if he's hitting a woman). Also be prepared for the woman to possibly get angry with you for getting involved.

Back