LG E2770V Question and general LCD query.?

X82

Nov 5, 2011
I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers on my new purchase.
I'm currently running on default settings out the box and I was hoping someone can let me know the right settings to get the best picture from it? Main uses are for gaming mainly.
There is also a mode called Thru mode, which is encouraged to be enabled during games, but I've noticed no difference in either on or off. That normal?

Also, the screen has a few issues I'm hoping can be fixed. Firstly, I've noticed that when watching movies on my PC, SD or HD (avi or mkv) occasionally there is what appears to be a scanline. It's hard to describe but its like minor distortion. It will happen maybe once every 15/20 minutes of film time but its noticeable and it never did it on my old monitor.
I'm running this on my GTX 580.

Also, when there is no video, as in when there is a black scene in a game or film, the monitor seems to shut off the screen for a moment. It's like its trying to save energy but energy saving is off. It's very noticeable as its literally like someone has turned off the screen, its so black. It will only do this when there is black on the entire screen, like during a fade out in a movie.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I've only had it a day and want to make sure these arent faults with the monitor itself.

Back