Introducing baby ferret to older ferret?

MaggieDarko

Nov 2, 2011
I just got a 2 month old ferret for a friend for my 7 month old ferret. I introduced them out of their cage and my older ferret was grabbing the baby by the scruff and pulling him, and basically being a bully! I only have one ferret cage, which is big, but I clearly can't have them in the same cage yet. I'm not sure what to do, I can have my older ferret out of the cage for now, but I have to go to school tomorrow. Any suggestions?
I know a lot about ferrets! I also read all the sites and books :) It's just that I have never had to introduce ferrets before....
Awww :( Rest in peace little one. She is dooking and playing in ferret heaven<3
Also: I have separated my ferret's cage, so they're in the same cage, but it's separated in the middle.

You will just have to let them get to know each other !

and separating their cages was a good idea !!!
Email me if you need more help !

you need to do some more research when i had a ferret i looked up every book every webpage i could that talkees about not only the care but the behaviour, i suggest you do the same, but wow its been years since i had a ferret, but i heard its becuase of dominance, i think?!! its been so long!!!!!! she died a couple years ago her name was tinker, best friend anyone could ask for we did almost everything we could together that we could, miss you tinker <3

Back