look if anyone has experienced what I have to go through you will understand my stress and confusion, over the past couple months I've been thinking seriously whether or not to break up with my girlfriend, I love her to bits and she loves me, she means the world to me we've, been going out for a year and a half and the memories I have with her are amazing

however she suffers from bi-polar/depression and this is incredibly difficult for both of us I can't for one second put myself in her position and compare it to my own she must go through hell but I am struggling to deal with it after so long and at breaking point, I'm beginning to tire of staying up trying to comfort her and tell her how much she means to me, she wants to change and believe what I say that she is beautiful, confident and fun around people but her self esteem and condition draws her back...

I truly do love her though and no one has ever treated me the way she has, but I don't know if I could possibly do this to my self for the rest of my days with her, at times (I know this sounds cruel) but I ignore her cries and pretend to be asleep because I cant deal with it, its now putting both our healths at risk and I have no clue what to do...

as well as this our sex life has completely gone out the window, I've brought this up with her and she was just distant from me saying she doesn't know why she feels like not having sex...

on top of this because of my confusion I'm beginning to have old feeling for a girl I used to like, I know this is because of the stress and pressure this relationship is putting on me but I can't help but think how much easier it might be with someone else....

please can anyone help thanks

jamie, 21

a part of me wishes i was single again and not have to worry about these thing but i also know relationships take a lot of work, i just dont know if im the right guy for her