Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do ghosts haunt the site they are killed at? And if so, why? (Alt. title q:My...

...house haunted???)? When I was 7 police found the body of a murder victim by my mailbox (not easily seen, shrouded by some bushes and stuff), but I didn't find out about it until over a year later because my parents had hidden it from me. They'd already done testimony in court and gotten the killer put away, etc (the victim had been kidnapped and the killer chose our property because of its remoteness, I assume). When I found out about it though my first reaction wasn't being afraid of being murdered, but of being haunted by the ghost. I live in a large house (I'm still in the same one, yeah) and I have always felt really creeped at night. If I'm ever alone at night I'm PARANOID the whole time. This isn't true of anyplace else I stay. I can be pretty much anywhere but my house alone and be fine.

Not long ago a 'psychic detective' who had been hired by the killer for his appeals came by our property to talk to my parents, and I think to get a feel for the location. I was interested but didn't ask what he saw, though I do have his name written down still.

Do you think that the ghost would have chosen to/been stuck here bc it is the site of his demise?

Or, would he more likely be haunting the killer himself, in jail, bc he did him in? Another question is: Why DONT ghosts leave where they were killed and go to, say, their childhood homes and things like that? places of nostolgia? (This is just my understanding of ghosts from the little I have read on them, so correct me if I'm wrong)

I mostly want to ask the ghost politely to leave, if it is here
    Oh, another thing: The killer had passed my mom's car and spoken to us briefly while I was in the car on the passenger's side, and I don't remember this but I'm told he was friendly, and we don't know if he had dumped the body or had the victim in the truck at this time. This makes me wonder if the victim wants to get our attention because he was unable to get our attention in life ('last duties'/'unfinished business')
    @ NBP I don't think ghosts can be detected via scientific means, because they can't be sensed with the 5 traditional senses which are measurable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my house is a haunted f

Junior Member silveradoSTERLING's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah cause they can't get ghost cars or ghost plane tickets do how will the I anywhere

Junior Member NaturesBrokenPromise's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it by this question you are a believer in ghosts.
    However, what you believe of ghosts is different to what other people believe.

You see, people believe a lot of different things. While you believe ghosts are there, because they have died, and it's almost their duty to roam where they have died, other people believe that they are ghosts so they can go to, well, to give a message to someone, and once that is over, they will.. vanish.

How do you know there is a ghost there? Gut feeling? Or proof.

I know someone has died very near to where I live, and after watching 'ghost hunting', I was convinced there was a ghost in my house. However, there was no reason for one to be there, and then I did a lot of research and even though there are so many stories of hunting's, you never find proper evidence that there are actual things as ghosts. Most of these 'ghost' programs have editing done- in fact, they are just there for entertainment and not fact.

I am not saying you are wrong to believe in ghosts, but if this is seriously scaring you, then maybe doing research behind it isn't such a bad idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on what energy was released at the time of there death. They can haunt what ever is nearest or something extremely far away. You never know. Ghost are unpredictable like that.

Spirits though are a whole different story.