Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

After Divx installed I can no longer play .avi files in Windows Media...

...Player/Windows Movie Maker 2.6? I honestly haven't any idea what could be causing the problem. Divx came up when i started my computer yesterday saying that I had an update, I installed it as normal, and I was able to watch a few movies and stuff. Then however, I tried to record a speedpaint for Halloween and I tried to move that .avi file into Movie Maker, and it said the file was corrupt. I wouldn't otherwise suspect Divx, except that this never raelly happened before, and updating Divx was the only thing I'd done differently recently. I'm at a loss, could someone help?
    apparently only some .avi files are supposedly corrupt, though; but note that they do actually play in the Divx player, but nowhere else.
    Windows movie maker has allowed me to edit raw .avi files that I've recorded from hypercam, same with nearly everyone who uses it to make speedpaint videos on Youtube. :/ as i said, it's never posed a problem before.

Nevermind; I fixed my problem rather simply, actually; I simply uninstalled the Divx codec pack and everything went back as it was. Hadn't known I could do that, so sorry for the waste. I'll just... Leave this up since there's very little info on Hypercam, who knows, it might be useful to someone else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Windows movie maker does not support avi files. Since you have divx installed, you can play the avi files in Windows Media Player or Itunes. But Windows Movie maker only supports certain files, and avi isn't one of them. Your file isn't corrupt, it is just not supported.