Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What current phones are Symbian?

Apparently, up until 2010, 31m Symbian phones were sold and was 2nd behind Android in the smartphone OS market. (http://mashable.com/2011/01/31/android-most-popular-platform/). Just wondering, what are these phones?

Cause I don't know one person who has recently bought a Symbian phone but I know plenty of people who have Android, Apple or Windows 7 phones. Yet Nokia is second in sales.

I know heaps of people with old Nokia phone - non smart phones that don't have internet capacity etc. But they're just people who haven't gotten a smart phone yet, and I think most of them would've bought these phones a long time ago.

So where are these new Symbian phone sales coming from? Can someone give me some popular Symbian based phones?

Downloads
    Uploads
    there are literally hundreds of nokia handsets running s40 java, s60 symbian and symbian^3. Too many to name. They may not be 'popular' but they are excellent devices for anyone looking for a phone to compliment their life, not create one for them.
    They are a brand that has many devices to suit all needs and budgets.
    The world is far bigger than ur circle of friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are tons of Symbian devices still available. Nokia N8, E7, X7, E6, C7, C6-01, 500, 700, 701, 600 603 and more (the one with the hundreds are the newest ones and some are still not out yet). N8 is probably the more popular Symbian phone due to it having the best camera on a phone.

I'm surprised you've seen people with Windows Phone devices. I've actually met more Symbian users than WP users (which is none). Nokia is starting to move away from Symbian (those new models are actually mid-range devices whereas 800, 900 series are high end devices which won't use Symbian). Instead they are heading the Windows Phone way too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi here are some popular Symbian phones..

Nokia 500,C7-00,C6-01,N8-00,E7-00,X7-00== comes with Symbian^3 upgradable to Symbian Anna and Symbian Belle(not launched officially yet).

Nokia 600,700,701,603== comes with Symbian Belle......

you can check latest nokia phones in given link "http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/"

Note: you will get 8GB of mass memory with C7,701 and N8... E7-00 come with 16GB mass memory..