Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are some of the safest ares to cut?

I know it is wrong to do self mutilation, but if nothing you say can affect it, then atleast for my safety, wouldn't it be best to know the safest way to cut without risk of losing too much blood or infection. I already have a few things to do for infection, but what are some of the safe areas to cut without losing too much blood(i.e. hitting an artery)? I currently cut on my inner thigh, away from the femoral artery. Is that safe, or rather safer than most areas?
    I tried getting help before, and it was worse. This is what I turned to when help failed. I've seen psychiatrists and councilors and all they did was drive me to attempt suicide. I even tried posting on here before asking for help, and all I got was answers saying I should just go die and a couple people saying I should contact a psychiatrist.

I originally cleaned it before and after with rubbing alcohol, but then i downgraded to hand sanitizer, so i can be mobile. It also for me was the pain, not the blood.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Instead of asking for places to cut, ask for help, do you want to be like this forever?

Downloads
    Uploads
    wings has it down

also i did it on the feet , like on the top flat bit that has really soft skin.
    Though i was more for the feeling than the blood , so i also bought hand sanitizer (with alcohol) and right after a cut i would squirt the sanitizer all over (produces a nice teeth clenching sting)

Also people need to realize that cutting doesn't mean you want to die , it is a coping mechanism , i am not suicidal etc but if im stressed or angry i will slice at myself . In a way i feel it is acceptable as if others would just cut instead of taking anger out on others (eg children wives etc) the world would be a better place , well in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a cutter too - the best thing that worked for me to be SAFER while cutting is to not cut deep but rather a higher quantity of shallow cuts. The thing I noticed about a higher quantity instead of depth is that you usually get too tired before your entire limb is sliced. I have always used my arms - still do, that is only because the sight of the blood was very relaxing for me, and my arms were the best producers of it with shallow cuts. If you don't feel as though you can make shallow cuts in the moment, I don't recommend the arms. But with the arms as well, I am focused on not staining the carpet as well, so I don't get a chance to go totally crazy with the amount as the blood is already running down my arm and dripping before I get to the next cut. Taking the time to focus on not only the pain but the sight of the red rivers - will reduce the number of cuts, as well as the ability to just keep hacking away if you are one of the cutters that just keep going without stopping unless you accidentally drop the blade... take your time with it as the goal is feeling relief... to go quickly with it increases anxiety and adrenaline during the process, which makes the depth and amount less controllable.

I am by no means trying to convince you to keep cutting - I can tell you have already figured that this is going to be the best way for you to survive, as that is a lot like what I have figured years ago. If you ever need to talk, I am always checking my emails - disability can be a wonderful thing at times.