Background info: I am currently in the middle of a 3 year contract with telus. My plan is the blackberry social plan for $40 dollars a month which comes with unlimited BBM, twitter, facebook, myspace etc. My plan does not include data. For some weird reason i have access to the web browser and when i download apps that require date they all seem to work and i dont get charged!! When i go see my usage online it shows a huge amount of kilobytes with a $0 charge. My sis has the same plan and it doesnt even let her get on the browser.

So, my blackberry is basically falling apart and i decided i want an iphone 4. I could do the early ugrade and get the iphone 4 or 4s and sign onto another contract but i dont want to be locked up in another contract for another 3 years because i plan on getting the iPhone 5 whenever it is released in 2012. SO im just wondering if i buy a locked iphone4 to telus or unlocked iphone 4 and call telus to switch handsets, will my plan work with the iphone? I had to call to switch handsets in the past to a crappy little cell phone b/c i had to fix my bb screen and my plan worked fine on this phone. It was an old samsung slide phone.

I dont have a sim card b/c when i signed the contract telus didnt use sim cards.

Will this work???