Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

if all of the smokers chipped in 5$ a month, could we legally rent land and grow

our own tobacco? or would that be considered communism?

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, communism is not illegal.

Second, that's not communism.

Third, you can't grow substances that are subject to government regulation. Tobacco is subject to government regulation (taxation), and you can no more grow it than you could marijuana.

Finally, you wouldn't make any money out of renting the land that you collectively bought. It's called property tax. It's NOT the same as the property tax that you have on your house.

Example: Because I live in my house, I pay property taxes of around $120 a month. If I bought another house and rented out the rooms, I'd pay well over $700 a month for said house.

Usually, you can bypass this by having one of the buyers claim they live there. Unfortunately, you have a few hundred people involved in the purchase, and I seriously doubt your government would be silly enough to believe that. More than likely, they will say you are using the land for commercial purposes.

Even if it were legal to grow tobacco (and it's not), land used for commercial purposes have the highest and most punishing tax rates. Expect five digit figures at least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Third, you can't grow substances that are subject to government regulation. Tobacco is subject to government regulation (taxation), and you can no more grow it than you could marijuana."

Wrong. It is currently legal in all 50 states to grow your own tobacco. Been growing mine for years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    uh hmm?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is this unintelligent logic that creates attitudes against nationwide health care.