Why do anime creators insist of...?

majinrevan666

Oct 3, 2011
Why do anime creators insist of making their theme songs in English (or incorporating English into their theme songs) when they clearly have either no idea what they're saying or just choose random words and jumble them all together?
For example, the opening to the anime Berserk is:

Feel no shame about shape
Weather changes their phrase
Even mother will show you another way
So put your glasses on
Nothing will be wrong
There's no blame, there's no fame
It's up to you
The first words should be finded
Whatever hold you back
I can, I can get it off
* Tell me what, Tell me what, Tell me what you want
I don't know why, don't know why, don't know why you afraid
Tell me what, Tell me what, Tell me what you say
I don't know why, don't know why, Too late, it's too late
Have no fear for real
It's just a turning wheel
Once you start up there's no other way
Don't put your eyes on boots
Step forward your roots
There's no aid there's no trade
It belongs to you
# Before you miss something given
You should know what's the truth
I can, I can make it out
And the ending theme for the same anime:

Looking back and morning comes
Don't find your face in your glass
Take the moonlight by the tail
It's a rainy sight, you're shading

What is that it's just the same
What is trying in your crown
I'm spending in my glass, walking back
So wear my glass, you're fading
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting...

Blowing up the storm's around
Don't turn you face to your back
In a silence have a better dream
Sing into the wind, you're shading
The rainy winds will wash away
All what you want in your crown
There is an end but it's endless
Though anywise we're fading
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting...

What is that it's just the same
What is trying in your crown
I'm spending in my glass walking back
So wear my glass, you're fading
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long...
I'm waiting so long..

This isn't an anime thing, it's a modern Japanese music thing in general. Listen to basically any modern J-pop, J-rock, or J-rap, and there will be English words stuck in all over the place. About 50% of the time, they are actually used correctly and make some sense. The other 50% of the time, they really, really don't, and you almost get the feeling they were used because the song writer liked how they sounded, and had no idea what they actually meant.

Entire songs in English definitely aren't common, though. But to be fair, that's not particularly common in anime, either. 90% of the time, if an anime features a song sung entirely in English, it's an existing song sung by a native English speaker. Speed Grapher's OP, Paradise Kiss's ED, Eden of the East's OP, Gunslinger Girl's OP, and Serial Experiments Lain's OP are a few examples of this off the top of my head. The songs are fully in English, and they make perfect sense and are sung by someone who clearly actually speaks English. The nonsense words all jumbled together thing doesn't happen often, thankfully.

I do not see anything wrong with it given that the anime is around 20 year old and that I believe was real rock bands songs chosen for the opening and ending of the anime. It just does not sound right to you but if you look at it as a way a lot of Japanese songs are sung it makes sense a lot of the words have different meanings than what is used the best I can do is say think of it as poetry. If you get past the pronunciation there is nothing wrong with their English and a lot of songs that have English words. Mainly the use English if the Japanese Word just does not fit or ruins the song and it is better or works better in English I rarely seen them to use it wrong or just a jumble of English Words. As I said most Japanese Songs are more Poetic than what most English Songs are but I guess it is more of their sentence structure which is different from English sentence structure and how Japanese Songs are sung that determine how English words are used. I see nothing wrong with Berserk Opening and Ending you just have to listen and try to Understand what they mean not just what the words are saying.

hahahaha, I complained about the exact same song yesterday.
Answer my question

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlHFuy6xawcWEBC.hcETI1fty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111002044519AAudxzE

and tell me what you think!

Back