Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

New girlfriend complains and whines?

Hi guys. I have been going out with a girl for about a month now. It seems we have really hit it off really well. There is some baggage though that I am having a hard time taking in and I am not sure if it is the reasoning for the way she acts. The very first time I spoke to her on the phone she told me a lot of bad stuff that happened to her in the way of abuse and that it would take some time to trust men again. For some reason, I was compelled to try a date out with her because maybe I wanted to prove that all guys are not jerks.

Also, it seems like she is always talking about herself and her life. I will of course ask questions based upon what she is telling me that is going on in her life. However, if I am to talk about something in my life, she seems kinda of disinterested and will say "I don't know."

I really like this girl a lot and I want to see her through. I do care about her a lot already and want to make sure her well-being is sound. I know she is into me big time, as she wants to hold hands a lot and likes to be kissed, but not to brag but I am much sweeter to her than she is to me. Compliments I give are not really met with compliments back. Just last week, I tried to organise something like a date with her over facebook and i was really busy at the time and she took it the wrong way that i didn't care and stuff. Took me a day to convince her that i was actually really busy and had no time to organise anything. I thought the next day when we went for a date, that it was all good, but then I see her complaining about me standing her up and not putting in effort. She was complaining about this to a guy she met on camp over facebook. -.- I mean, I don't really mind her talking to other guys, but don't you think some things should be kept private? And also, she goes around whining about how strict my parents are and how i'm only allowed a couple of times out on weeks and crap. I respect my parents a lot, and I seriously don't know why she's making a big deal of it. Anyone have any thoughts on my situation? Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are being "played" (like a guitar). She's being selfish and does not return your affection for her. She's even already looking at other guys while still dating you.
    I'd dump her like a sack of hammers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well sounds like you are still a minor, I would say if she is already complaining enough to write a gigantic paragraph after only a month, I would go find a nice girl that is only looking to date on occasion. She sounds like a very selfish individual.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A question in begging for an answer "Can you 100 percent say yes or no, whether your so called girlfriend is not complaining to others right now about being abused by you'

What you mention is your point of you, and what you state is your part, which makes her part a villainous one.

I think, it was the 'Abuse' theory, that got you in this relationship. A more of a sympathetic attitude towards someone you thought got 'abused' in its truest meaning. So it seems as a trap word to be sympathetic towards her.

A relationship, like a friendship, is two ways, and not one-sided. It appears you are trying to keep alive a relationship, that is only one sided, and you expect it to continue lifelong, as in a marriage, if you keep obeying silently and without questioning. As if you don't have a life. Something like a pet dog (Sorry I hate to mention it - A dog is made a pet by making him hungry for days for things it may like, so that he begins to understands what it will get, if it completes the tasks given to him)

You may well be now an insurance product kept on tenterhooks (To be used later on), while she may be using her 'Abuse' theory to trap in other people. You need to get out of this gullible one-sided relation, as fast as possible. You need not give any reason. Of course, she will do whining and complaining about you. Because she knows she's is a sell-able commodity now, who can trap in more buyers of her beauty and sex.

You have a life out there. Why become a slave, when you can a have life on your own terms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you loneliness is blinding you from realizing that she is very selfcentered. Yes it is probably since she got abused but that isnt your fault. You need to decide if she is worth it or not since this issue wont go away for awhile. If you do stick with her try talking to her about it. Tell her you don't think she is listening to what you are feeling and see how she reacts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    to be honest with you, if I was dating someone like that I'd prob just end the relationship and be friends. you seem to care about her more than she cares about you.
    But that's my opinion,