Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vegas Pro 10: Files are too big for a dvd?

We're making a documentary for a school project and I'm assigned to edit it. I used Vegas Pro 10 because it's just awesome. I divided the docu to 6 separate project files and planned on rendering each file then combine all of the 6 videos for the final product to be burned in a dvd. However, i panicked when i realized that after rendering the first video which is only 2mins long, it's already 387mb!!!!!!!! And our dvd cd can only contain 800mb O.O I'm using the NSTC DV template and the other templates just make the file even bigger

i meant a dvd disc, sorry for the typo.. What we have here can contain 800mb and that's 90mins. The point of my question is that it's still a very big file for a 2minute video.. See, it's just two minutes and it will already cover half of the disc when the disc is supposed to contain 90minutes. I've burned alot of stuff before using movie maker and i don't have problems with burning or large files but there seems to be really something in Vegas Pro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the file will vary in size when choosing what youre rendering to try rendering to something with less mb

Downloads
    Uploads
    You cannot burn a DVD movie to a CD disc. It won't accept it. You need a DVD disc. DVD movie discs can store as much as 120mins of video.