Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

(Need an Audiophile's help on this!) How do I reverse the effect of bad

breaking in of my headphones? I have the Audio Technica Pro700MK2's. They are my first pair of really good headphones and I heard that breaking them in would be really useful. So I did. Wrongly. Full blast on my IPod and cycling through my bass heavy songs. :b I feel really terribly for wasting my 0 like that, sound quality degrading and whatnot. So my question is: is there any way to reverse the breaking in? I feel really terrible.

@ohnoes would you say that my drivers are damaged in any way due to my excessive (about 200 hours) breaking in? Adding in they were at full volume the whole time. Thanks for the advice though! I'll definitely look into some classical music

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know any way of reversing the process. But "burning in" your headphones is related to your drivers. If you cycle them through perhaps hours of classical music you'd be able to bring the mids and highs were you'd want em' to be.

Basicaly you've burned in a specific range on your headphones in order to balance em' out you'd want to get the full spectrum down.

Like on my HD598 I listened to a lot of Dubstep before anything else really. Now that I've listen to everything in my audio library I find they've settled down a bit, and they're not as bassy as they were.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers.