Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wedding in church or outdoors?

So my fiancé and I are very religious. We are true to our faith. Yet I always think that outside weddings are gorgeous. I love outside weddings. I want to have our wedding outside, yet should I have it indoors in a church?? Help me please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you like outdoor weddings then have it.If only i lived in Aspen Colorado i would have my wedding on a mountain....unfortunately im having mine in a chapel :/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check with your pastor. Many pastors are open to performing religious ceremonies outside the church building.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a Christian and I know many pastors will conduct weddings outside, and I know a few Christian couples who have done so. Ask your pastor. So long as it a Christian ceremony, I don't think anyone will thank you have turned from your faith by having it outside.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember that one day in Sunday School when I learned the word "omnipresence" -- God is everywhere.
    I strongly believe that, while a church is referred to as God's house, it is ultimately the members that make up the church and it's His presence. I know of this one amazing church that is just growing and growing and teaches the true Gospel and it has three campuses, two in a hotel, and one in a middle school, all of which they rent out every Sunday.

Long story short, what I'm saying is that a church may be a pretty place for a wedding, but no matter if your Mother Teresa or someone who curses God every other second, your marriage will not be any more blessed or holy if it takes place in the church.
    So, all that said, have that outdoor wedding of your dreams. =) I know of many pastors who have agreed to perform the ceremony outside of a church and each time, it was just as beautiful as ever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have your wedding in the church w/ a priest and then have a blessing ceremony in front of your friends and family in an outdoor ceremony - that way you get both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talk to the minister about whether he would be willing to officiate and outdoor wedding. Then go from there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does God only dwell indoors?

A church is just a building.

God is in your heart - with you everywhere.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We can't make that decision for you.

I don't know what denomination you are, but if I were you, I would regret not having my wedding outside if that's what I had my heart set on. A pastor will marry you outside. Unless you have a specific church you wish to be married in, this shouldn't be a problem. Congratulations.