Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is limewire legal?

What I want to know is if you go on limewire and just download songs is that legal? Because if it's not than why does it even exist? and can you be discovered if it's not legal and you use it and have to face charges?

Jennifer H
    yeah but you don't get caught. It is awesome you can get limewire pro and that you have to pay for but it is legal and doesnt mess up the comp but I like just plain old illigal limewire it is the best and it does slow your comp up a little but it works soooo well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    noo. lots of programs are made like that, if it was illegal the government probably would've tried banning it. also it is bad, but not illegal. lots of people use limewire as a free way to get songs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, A single mother was caught and had do backdate every song she downloaded and than pay royalties... tough luck

ryeguyodell
    its legal as long as you dont get caught. the government is not going to put out any manpower or any money to catch everyboby it would take to long.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no because its a sharing network that can cause viruses and you can get into trouble for downloading and sharing music on it. just use itunes. it gives you the album cover and plus its legal

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes

family guy fan
    Only if you DON'T download or upload ANY COPYRIGHTED material without copyright holder's or owner's permission. Otherwise, it's what it's meant to be. To share files with other people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the program itself is legal. So is sharing other types of non-copyrighted files. As soon as you download a copyrighted song or a movie your ARE breaking the law. Chances are very slim you will get caught. So you don't really have to worry about that.

Michael
    Having it is legal.

Using it isnt. :/
    But i use a similar illegal program all the time for 5 year's, i have downloaded over 3 thousand song's, i know people at school with 20,000 songs illegally downloaded, so i wouldnt be too worried about getting caught.

You will be fined alot if you get caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast