Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is a good introduction for an assignment about batteries?

I already have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to write, but if you give me any more ideas I'll re-word them and everything. I'm just really stuck on making the intro longer and making it flow a bit better.

I'm not writing an essay-like thing, so there's really no story to it. It's written in more of of a question and answer format, it just needs an intro.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you have so far?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Batteries are used in many things for many reasons like cell phones, flashlights, clocks, and more!
    Hope I gave u an idea

Downloads
    Uploads
    It really depends on what you plan to write, but you can actually make some great introduction paragraphs with batteries as your topic. I gave 4 ideas and 3 examples for the intro of your essay, but you'll want to perfect it yourself! When writing the intro you want to make sure it grabs the reader's attention, and if it does, then you have a good intro.
    My first example intro ask a question and gets the reader thinking about Panasonic, thus the reader is now involved in the essay and has a reason to keep reading. A smooth transition allows the true topic to be revealed, but that original hook will likely keep the reader reading the essay. So make sure you have a good hook! =]

1. You could start with the brands of batteries.
    2. You could start with the types of batteries.
    3. You could start with the technology behind batteries.
    4. You could start with how batteries have advanced.

Ex 1: As you begin reading this essay, I want you to think of the brand Panasonic. What comes to mind first? Perhaps you thought of a TV, or a camera, or maybe even a blu-ray player, but did batteries happen to cross your mind? Panasonic along with duracell, energizer, and many more all create batteries....

Ex 2: Batteries come in all shapes and sizes. There's skinny batteries for the remote and big batteries for cars. There are lithium batteries for phones and alkaline batteries for gameboys....

Ex 3: Batteries are well known for providing the population with a portable means of electricity, but do know how that electricity is created? Batteries are actually full of chemicals and once an electrochemical reaction takes place electricity is created. Chemical energy inside the battery is converted to electrical energy and this allows us to power cars, gameboys, .....

Hope this helps you out some & good luck! =]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Write the story first, then you can take parts from it to form your intro.