What makes a movie actually scary to you?

SKKURRVII

Sep 28, 2011
Just curious as to what types of things in movies actually scare you? I mean genuinely sacred, like as in jumping, getting chills, checking under your bed, etc. :)
For me personally, I've seen enough gory and disturbing movies that I'm pretty sure no about of blood and guts and violence in a film could actually scare or disturb me, as long as I knew it was all fake of course.

What seems to scare me more than anything is just suspense, and creepy things popping out at the least expected times.
Like now I'm watching Drag Me To Hell for the first time, and it's gross and creepy and all, but nothing that visually graphic compared to a lot of other horror films, but the suspense and unexpected creepiness in this movie is killing me, in a good way.

Anyway, just interested in hearing other peoples' opinions... :)

definatly the same as you. the unexpected thing popping out and the BACKGROUND MUSIC. music can turn a normal situation into a really fearful suspensefull one. tbh i get bored with a lot of horror movies too, just so fake.
i really like digusting weird ones like human centipede, splice. not really horror, but still kind of horror

Well i think that SOund effects and visual effects makes a movie scary ...Especially sound effects because if a horror movie have good visual effects BUT BAD background music... It will simply spoil everything :)

Tyler Perry movies scare the heck out of me, I dont think I will ever be able to sit through one

when you can put yourself in the victims shoes..... transformers scared me, because i could imagine a 700 foot souless robot standing next to me, and i would be scared sh*tless

Back