I heard that G.W. Bush and Dick Cheney can’t travel overseas -- why is that?

PlutoCeRat

Dec 29, 2008
Are they criminals or something??

@If you have any evidence of G.W. Bush or Dick Cheney traveling anywhere not-so-far invaded by US military, could you please share it?

they can travel overseas and across borders. the only thing is that many countries(Canadians included) don't want them, seeing them as war criminals due to the illegal detention and torture of inmates at Guantanamo Bay Correctional.

Cheney just went to Canada. At one point they were being investigated by the Hague and there were rumors they were indicted by I have never seen a credible source of that

They have global warrant's on them for war crimes, if they weren't guilty of the crimes and charges they are wanted for, "why are they scared to leave the USA". Anyone innocent wouldn't be scared to face the global judges at the Hague to clear there names.

Just like when Bin Laden was caught, it made all US Americans dance and cheer. Once Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Yoo, Rice, Wolfowitz are taken to the Hague, the whole (bleeping) planet will party.

Actually, this is incorrect. There are countries where they are not welcome- which isn't to say they are banned, just "unwelcome". But, overall, there is no official "ban" on their travel. Not saying there shouldn't be. Just saying there isn't. Interestingly enough, however, there have been countries who have made inquiries as to whether to issue arrest warrants against Bush and/or members of his administration.

You heard wrong. Just because a couple low level bureaucrats are amongst the ignorant who think they are war criminals doesn't make it true.

well theres an arrest warrant for cheney in nigeria, so i doubt he would go there. brattleboro vt also voted to have them both arrested, but that was just symbolic. the chance they might be arrested as soon as they set foot in another country is pretty slim, but im sure they both see it as a possibility.

Back