Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

ive downloaded a film torrent and when i open it it tells me to download

coral player? i have not encountered this before can i get around this somehow as it appears the full movie downloaded (710mb). I'm not at all technical so if there is a solution please write it in basic language not tech terms.
    thanks in advance
    ian

i have vlc and the most up to date codec pack the comments led me to believe it was ok ive tryed to play through vlc but it seams as if there is somthing attached or embedded on the file to stop it playing other than in this coral player which i believe from searching is just a way to f@;# your system up. the file is xvid Engl.ac3.r5 {dvd rip} and claims to be a .avi file.

Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes it because the video format isn't supported by windows media player (if that's what you normally use). You can try downloading VLC media player if you haven't already. It's free and supports most video formats. You'd have to pay to get coral player and I'm not sure if it's safe or anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    VLC player can play almost any format..
    try that.
    http://www.vlcmediaplayer.org/download.html
    next time, read the comments before downloading the files/movies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Google for VLC, its better than any video player.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Download vlc player fm http://filehippo.com

it can run many codecs , since u havent written extention of file im unable to help u, but generally vlc plays all formats

Downloads
    Uploads
    all downloads are sent in a certain codes .some codes are read by the windows player, and others by different players. just like when you buy cd's and DVDs sometimes both can be played on one player, but sometimes you find only one of them will play and the other requires a different player.like the first answerer vlc is one of the better players used by graboid film downloads. but there are many different one you could choose .i have about 4 different ones like flash players ,real player,windows player,etc. but you must be a little bit careful as some players require control of your computer to work,and this in turn allows access to your files. hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    edit: VLC will play 99% of common video formats but it won't help for something like coral which is purely a scam and not a real format.

You've been unlucky enough to download a scam video. Just consider it to be a learning experience :P More than likely it will throw up a prompt onscreen encouraging you to download some piece of software that will allow the video to play. If you accept then you'll end up with some kind of spyware or adware on your PC and you really don't want that.

Just accept your loss and search your torrent site for a different download. Genuine torrents are in formats that don't require special downloads - the people sharing them want as many people as possible to watch and enjoy. Most sites allow people to comment on each torrent - take a moment to read through the comments before downloading. If a file is a fake then the community will be very vocal in saying so.