Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Packers vs Bears NFL Week 3 Predictions?

What will the score be? I say Packers 31-24.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green Bay 37
    Chicago 10

Downloads
    Uploads
    Packers win 27-14

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bears win 27-26

Downloads
    Uploads
    Green Bay has the advantage on both sides of the ball so it's really not hard to give the victory to the Packers. Green Bay's got the best offense in the entire NFC now that a very formidable running game is present. While Chicago no doubt has a great run defense, James Starks is still a very good pass catcher in the no-huddle and can still rack up some yardage. Everyone's talking about Chicago needing to get a strong pass rush in order to slow down Aaron Rodgers, but statistically that doesn't seem like a good idea. Aaron Rodgers in past seasons has been the best quarterback in the league against the blitz due to his mobility, quick release, and multiple weapons. He certainly hasn't changed his ways this season as he has thrown for 372 yards and a 71.2 completion percentage when teams have used blitz packages of 5 or more defenders (good enough for the best in the NFL). Unfortunately while Chicago has a very impressive front 7 they aren't very impressive in the secondary. I don't think any secondary in the league could matchup well with all of Green Bay's receivers so I'm not very confident in mediocre Bears DB's. Green Bay should be very effective through the air and maybe even on the ground.

Chicago's offense looked great against the Falcons, and less than desirable against the Saints. Of course their major issues is their O-line. Their O-line was shaky enough, but without Carimi it's downright terrible. Green Bay's defense has had 7 sacks already against a good Carolina O-line and a VERY good New Orleans offensive line. Chicago has given up 11 sacks their past two games. That combination should make Jay Cutler very frightened about this upcoming game. Chicago also doesn't have very good receivers and while yes Green Bay has given up almost 900 yards through the air thus far they are also 4rth in the league in turnovers (something the Chicago offense is quite prone to). The main point is this Green Bay secondary, even without Nick Collins, simply has too much talent to fail. Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson are among the best at what they do, Sam Shields is pretty good himself, and Morgan Burnett is looking like an absolute boss with 6 tackles, 1 interception, 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble against Carolina. I wouldn't book Cutler having a great day. And that brings us to the heart and soul of the Bears offense, Matt Forte. To my delight (as he's on my fantasy team) Forte leads the Bears is both rushing and receiving yards. He's been pretty good on the ground, but an absolute stud in the screen game. Luckily for Chicago, Green Bay has been very susceptible to the screen game giving up significant yardage to Jonathan Stewart and Darren Sproles in their past two games. However being the only real threat on Chicago's offense, Forte just might suffer from the Larry Fitzgerald or Adrian Peterson effect: When you're the only thing a team has for an offense, teams have a real easy time shutting you down no matter how talented you are. Unless Forte gives me 30+ fantasy points this weekend, Green Bay's defense should be pretty effective at stopping an inconsistent Chicago offense.

Special Teams: Devin Hester is a very good kick and punt returner... so is Randall Cobb. Green Bay might possess better a better punter and kicker in Tim Masthay and Mason Crosby, but I wouldn't say it's very significant a factor at all.

Green Bay should win this contest, though I'm not found of score predictions I'll give you one:
    Packers 31-16

Downloads
    Uploads
    Packers win 34 - 21
    I still don't trust Jay Cutler as a franchise quarterback, and the Packers are the defending super bowl champs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i say packers 28-21. the bears o-line has a problem with protecting cutler. the thing the packers have to worry about is matt forte he can catch and run the football.