My boyfriends sense of humor is starting to hurt my feelings?

Sam

May 13, 2008
Me and my boyfriend tend to come off as identical, like twins. Not only do we look somewhat a like (same color hair, both skinny) we always tend to act a like when together, like with friends and family or at school. But I know we're really different. Yes, we have a lot in common, but lately..I feel like I'm maturing way past him, and he's not. At all. He's always been a little more mature then most boys his age, but the longer we're together (we've been together for about 4 years now) the more immature he gets and I know its cause of how comfortable he is around me, but his sense of humor is starting to have a bad effect on me. Before, I used to love his sense of humor. He was so humble and kind and could make fun of himself, like I do. But ever since he lost a lot of weight and started working out and doing sports at school he's grown cocky and arrogant and now his jokes are usually targeted at others and me. He's never gone too far, except maybe once, but lately...I don't find him funny at all. His sense of humor hurts my feelings actually, cause sometimes I just want him to say something nice to me, anything nice, like he used to. When we're at school he's super sweet, but alone he just never takes anything serious! I'm getting super annoyed and sometimes I just wanna be serious when he just wants to act like an ass basically. I know he's young this is typical, but it's starting to effect our relationship and my feelings are getting hurt a lot more then they should. How do I tell him to grow up in a way that'll actually make him do it..?
Basically he's an immature insensitive doofus, but I love him so much and it sucks so bad when he gets "that way". He really hurts me feelings, and I don't know how to get through to him..

Say if he cracks a joke like this: Your pants look so stoopid my grandmother wouldn't wear thoes. Just say Dude stop it's hurting me . Then tell him i have been loosing my self esteem and your not helping with it babe please stop your behavior Or somthing lame like that XD

maybe he doesn't realize he is being arrogany and cocky...sit him down and talk to him. he can't read your mind unless you tell him what's up. if he blows you off though, consider taking a break because you don't need to be with someone that hurts your feelings.

Back