what is the reform judaism?

DIEANOTHERDAY

Sep 19, 2011
and what makes difference from the orthodox judaism? I would like to understand because I checked a video of a jewish synagogue service and music was modern and the women and men were sitting together and some women are reading the torah? I thought it was a protestant church for a moment but it says reform judaism

As a Reform Jew, and having attended services of four different branches of Judaism, I can tell you that there are a variety of differences and that differences also vary from synagogue to syngagogue.

Please check Wikipedia and Google for your general answers, though, so you can ask me specific questions.

Reform Judaism is more liberal. And, for each individual, what they choose to do for their religion is a matter of conscience. So, for example, some may keep kosher, but it isn't considered a requirement.

answer: Then YOU missed the fact that the readings, most of the songs and prayers were in Hebrew and they were reading from a Torah scroll with the yad and there wasn't a cross in sight, yes?

Reform Judaism explanations can be found on Wiki and here: http://urj.org/

Back