Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Replace the hard drive & do fresh install of XP. That will definitely fix it. Or just but a new laptop with Windows 7.

Downloads
    Uploads

How to fix a dell when i turn it on and it says"disk read error occurred press...

...ctrl+alt+del to restart"? I have an old dell dimension 4550 that I haven't used in about a year and i have been trying to start it up but when ever I turn on the power it doesn't load to windows xp screen but is starts to do something called IDE configuration and then it says "disk read error occured, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" so I did that and the same thing keeps on happening and I checked everywhere on google and I couldn't find anything helpful, PLEASE HELP!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Either the drive has crashed and died on you or you have corrupted boot up files

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might have a corrupt hard drive in which case you need to reinstall Windows. If you have any discs in the DVD drive, take them out. Or try setting your hard drive to first boot device in the BIOS (if it already isn't)