Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can I get more bars if I change from an at&t SIM card to a Verizon SIM card...?

...if i "FIRST" unlock my Samsung Infuse 4G Smartphone? I was browsing on youtube and I watched a video about a website called unlockinguniverse.com and the man O.C. was saying that when you unlock your phone you are no longer locked into the at&t network and that you can call someplace out of your country with no charges at all which would normally cost you a specified fee. My question is that if I were to do this (unlock phone) and then go out and buy a "Verizon" SIM card and put THAT one in my phone replacing the older one (at&t) would I get service from Verizon's cell trees? (better reception)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your phone would have to be able to work on verizons network, which is cdma. At&t is gsm. Usually, you can't use phones from one network on the other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by slay9354 View Post
    ...if i "FIRST" unlock my Samsung Infuse 4G Smartphone? I was browsing on youtube and I watched a video about a website called unlockinguniverse.com and the man O.C. was saying that when you unlock your phone you are no longer locked into the at&t network and that you can call someplace out of your country with no charges at all which would normally cost you a specified fee. My question is that if I were to do this (unlock phone) and then go out and buy a "Verizon" SIM card and put THAT one in my phone replacing the older one (at&t) would I get service from Verizon's cell trees? (better reception)
    Note : Free unlocking service may not work longer . Better, you can get paid unlocking servcie from any of the providers like Theunlockarena.com to unlock your Samsung infuse 4g . It is a GSM phone. If you have unlocked it, you can only switch to other GSM networks not with Verizon . Because, it is a CDMA network .