Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Watching full movies though USB port on Blue Ray player.?

I'm going to apologize in advance, I have limited knowledge about Blue Ray players, so please understand.

I'm looking to purchase a B Ray player, and a feature I want is to play full movies via USB port. I've asked friends who have said mixed things. Some say yes, and others say only small files can be played. So if anyone could chime in and tell me what I need to look for in a B Ray player for that feature, it would be highly appreciated!!
    Thank you for the response Grumpy Mac!

One last question, could a PS3 possibly be able to do what I need?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The USB port usually does not let you play more than .JPG files. It's main use is for you to connect the player to the internet, access web-based extensions to the movie you are watching and it will write cache or other files to the USB.

There are about 8 different video file formats right now and many of them have SD and HD versions. Your TV or BluRay player will NOT handle all of these.

A better choice is a small "Media Server" like the Roku 2 XD box for about $99. These boxs DO handle almost all file formats and often have firmware updates regularly. Just connect HDMI out one end and plug in a Flash drive or USB hard drive and watch your movies on your HDTV.