Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you port forward a Minecraft server with a telus router?

I was watching some videos on YouTube on how to do this but they were all for a linksys router. For a linksys router you would have yo go to a tab saying "applications and gaming" but on a telus routed there is no such tab or link or any thing like that. Can anybody tell me who has a telus router or who knows how to port forward Minecraft on one please tell me. I have been trying for ages!!!

Unregistered

Using telus for minecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Guy View Post
    I was watching some videos on YouTube on how to do this but they were all for a linksys router. For a linksys router you would have yo go to a tab saying "applications and gaming" but on a telus routed there is no such tab or link or any thing like that. Can anybody tell me who has a telus router or who knows how to port forward Minecraft on one please tell me. I have been trying for ages!!!

All you need is to go to telus router by entering your gateway ip adress (you can get that by going to windows start and typing cmd in the slot, an d then typing ipconfig/all)
    Typically IP for telus router is 192.168.1.254. Once you log in (must know password for router and if you don't have one, call Telus support) go to firewall tab and slect port forwarding --> on the right enter ports and your computer (the one that has minecraft server installed on it) IP addrss for LAN, for remote IP use 0.0.0.0 and of course, use 25565 for ports in lan and remote.
    That is all.

Unregistered
    The portforwadring is under the firewall section in the telus router that i have.

Unregistered
    i dont want to call them but want to portforward my server.

Unregistered
    i have that port in use already 25565 should i change it to something else? or what