Spent most of Hish School doing Martial arts instead of being social?

gguy

Mar 31, 2009
Hi, I'm Jack. I have been doing BJJ and Kickboxing 5 Days a weeks, every week for 3 years (Freshman-Junior) and Have done nothing Social at all, I love my body, I'm in top physical condition and am happy about it, the problem is in the past years most of my friends and dwindled away, due to my strict schedule. I only have 2 friends and they have convinced me to hang more, but I don't know what to do. I love fighting and working out but I need these social experiences, please help me decide!

Spend some time after school doing your routine exercises practice along and on weekends so that its every other day, and socialize very other day.

Ask people in their 30's IF they have any school friends in adulthood most but one or two good friends seem to drift away and are replaced by new ones we meet in adult life's. So right now any friends will likely fade out, but social skills are important, so a balance is a good thing

just try to balance both. but if you really have to choose, i'd say go with friends. they're forever.

I usually train in a club. I make friends there, meet great people, and establish good relationships with some of my teachers since it's school sponsored. You may be good at fighting and wrestling, but trust me you'll need your friends more than you'll need you're fighting skills. I like to think of it this way, I don't have to be a great fighter, if I can have 30 people who would back me lol. Now that's all hypothetical but you get my point! Just talk to people. Those two friends are obviously reaching out to you. Who knows who else is if you don't socialize?

Back