Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why are so many atheists interested in the topic of religion and spirituality?

It's not a bad thing and I understand that religion can mix with legislation if left unchecked but I still can't help but wonder if there's a greater reason why so many atheists hang around forums like this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To prove that god can't hurt us.

Junior Member Picsoritdidn'thappen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To offer a different perspective. There are a lot of young kids on here who seem genuinely scared that they are gonna "burn in hell" for feeling natural feelings that we all feel. We don't all bash christians or try to convert people. Some of us just like to offer a different opinion than you would typically get from a christian.

Also it's good for a yuk every now and again :P

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because a lot of people always seem to direct questions at us (like you) and I'm here to answer them. I'm also interested in other religions (a lot of my friends are religious so I'm also kinda trying to understand them, you see). And debating is fun, so why not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to be the same way. I would hang out with my friends and we would make fun of christians who would come by and try to preach to us. I would try to make them stumble in their faith by bringing up clever arguments against the bible and against God. Funny thing is, one day I was asking some tough questions to a christian girl who could not answer. She directed me to one of her friends who was more knowledgeable. The friend couldn't answer me either. I really thought I was clever. The friend of her's directed me to talk to their minister. I really liked the idea of making a minister stumble. Actually he totally schooled me, and I found out that day, that all my "clever" questions actually do have logical answers. I went to their church so, I could learn more. I eventually surrendered to the Holy Spirit, who at the time was POUNDING at the door of my heart. I've been a christian ever since then. (14 years).

My point is, God puts us where we need to be. When you hear the knocking at your door, it is your responsibility to let Him in. Some people here already know that they are being called. I am here to tell you, that you will not be disappointed. I had no idea God could make Himself so real to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because there are no atheists. God says in his Word that everyone believes in him, and it's foolish to say they don't. They are worried that they are wrong, because they are, and come here to make fun of christians which comforts them. Their real goal is a secular humanist theocracy, and they claim christians want one, which is not true. Many atheists also think they are former christians, but there is no such thing. One previous poster even thinks that they still call them the "dark ages!" I think knowledge of the world brings you closer to God, not farther away. You are fooling yourself if you think you are smarter because you don't believe in God.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is because people like you, ask questions like this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a reason that the people who know most about religion are the people who reject it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Atheists = lack of belief in God
    Theist = belief in God

How are those unrelated?

And I don't know about you but I'm here to move society forward and out of the Bronze Age everyone keeps insisting we stay in. We'd probably have flying cars right now if more people would just accept reality and wake up from La-La Land.

I might also add, that the fact that I know more about Christianity than most Christians gives me automatic access to be here. Most Christians don't read the Bible and prefer to use heuristic methods of knowledge-seeking (aka diddly squat).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because we're the experts on religion. Look it up--research shows that the groups most knowledgeable about all religions are the Jews and the atheists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast