Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How come the music from p2p programs(ares, limewire etc) has a better...

...sound than the one from actual CDs? Like if you buy the cd and you download the song from a program like ares, the sound is actually better on the one from ares than the one from the cd. Why is that?

I edit every last song on my mp3 player to make sure it doesnt take too long to start or to end. I'm not a pro per say on audacity but I've had quite a bit of work done on there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure why you think that, but CD is definitely better quality than MP3.

Music on a CD typically takes up around 10MB per minute. MP3's are usually much less than that. It might sound better to you for one reason or another, but CD's win hands down in terms of quality.

Maybe it's what you're used to hearing, or the type of music you listen to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's not. quit lying to yourself. audio from a cd is uncompressed, you're hearing everything on it. assuming you're downloading mp3s, you're not getting as much. it's compressed to save space, and low and high end is cut off. music files can equal or surpass compact disc audio in quality, but the file sizes would be enormous and in a different format (.flac, .wav, .alac are common). just know that mp3s and other lossy file types certainly do not have better quality than a compact disc