Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

3DS games or iPad 2 for Sketchbook Pro?

so eShop is coming very soon, Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion comes out tomorrow, Zelda comes out soon, along w/ Resident Evil, Star Fox and many many many more games.
    but, iPad 2 has Sketchbook Pro which would be very useful to me and would take up most of my time, while video games loose interest after a while. but that's $800 for the iPad. is it worth it to get an iPad mainly for Sketchbook Pro along with all the other features? i love drawing and this app is an amazing tool. plus if i get the iPad, i get iMovie, iBooks, Music, board games, and small games like Plants vs Zombies and Worms. i want to go to college for art like Story Board and Concept Art so Sketchbook Pro should be good for me?

so should i get an iPad now and get just a few 3DS games later?

or should i just go buy a bunch of great 3DS games coming out and save the rest?

dont be biased please.

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh- Get Zelda for 3DS!! Best game ever created, Handheld, freakin' sweet graphics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, speaking as a man who has an iPad, I would highly recommend AGAINST getting the iPad for a Sketchbook. I have tried many of the apps (although im not an artist) and i find it difficult to draw on it, and personally would recommend you to stay on paper and pencil.

But if you do want to get it for a Sketchbook and the other apps (which are cheap and provide entertainment for about a week) than maybe you should, seeing as how there are thousands of apps, that can help you more than a few 3DS games.

Overall i would go for the iPad, but if you are expecting a great sketchbook, you may be disappointed.

P.S.
    Apparently some people have drawn extremely nice things on some sketchbook apps, but they have certain tools like a thin stylus, and a very good app.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know you can get bored of sketching and other art forms as well, not to mention the iPad 3. But anyway it depends what you prefer to spend your time doing. On the other hand if you can balance out the two that would be the best possible experience. Just avoid bad games and explore what the iPad can do thoroughly.