Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

can u update iphone operating system if you have a unlocked baseband to

a new iphone os version.? Your Open Question: can u update iphone operating system if you have a unlocked baseband to a new iphone os version?

can u update a iPhone 3gs 4.3.3 with a unlocked base band of 06.15.00 to ios 5 or any other software update when it comes out if it comes out to iPhone 3gs will i need to make a custom firmware from snow breeze to update my iPhone

that's the software i made my custom firmware on

Downloads
    Uploads
    no you will be forced to unlock your phone again so dont do it I recommed jailbreaking it it will make up for whatever you might be missing out on

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    a new iphone os version.? Your Open Question: can u update iphone operating system if you have a unlocked baseband to a new iphone os version?

can u update a iPhone 3gs 4.3.3 with a unlocked base band of 06.15.00 to ios 5 or any other software update when it comes out if it comes out to iPhone 3gs will i need to make a custom firmware from snow breeze to update my iPhone
    that's the software i made my custom firmware on
    Sure ! you can update iPhone 3gs 4.3.3 to ios 5 . If you upgrade your iPhone 3gs to ios 5, two possibilities may happen ;

1. If you have a jail broken iPhone 3gs, You will lose your jailbreak
    2. If you have temporary unlocked iPhone 3gs, you may lost it too.

Before updating your iPhone , you need to take backup of your data files from your iPhone . After that, use Remote unlocking method to unlock it . It doesn't requires jailbreaking and it is one of the permanent unlocking solution too. After unlocking your iPhone using this method, you can update or downgrade your iphone without any interruption . it won't gets locked again . If you have completed unlocking and updating process, you can use restore service to restore your data files from backup .

Use the following steps to upgrade iPhone 3gs to ios 5 :

Make sure that you can update. iOS 5 and later is only supported on newer devices. An iPhone must be a 3GS or newer. Any iPad will work. An iPod touch must be 3rd generation or newer.

Find your version. Open the Settings from the Home screen of your device. Tap General, then About. Your iOS version will be listed next to Version.

Upgrade your iOS 4 device. If you don’t have iOS 5 or later, you will need to update using a computer. Make sure that iTunes is installed, then backup your media. iTunes will automatically backup your settings and contacts.

Plug in your device and start iTunes. Select your device in iTunes, under Devices. In the Summary panel, click the Check for Update button.

Select Download and Update to automatically backup and update your device. In order to backup all of your music and videos, you must be updating from a computer that you normally sync your device with. If you are using a different computer to update, your media will not be automatically backed up (your contacts and settings will still be saved).

Upgrade your iOS 5 device. If you’d like to upgrade your device to iOS 6, you can install updates over a wireless connection in iOS 5.

Plug in your device to a power source. You don’t want your phone to power down during the update process as this could render it inoperable.

Tap Settings on your Home screen, then General. Tap the Software Update button in the General menu. Your device will search for updates, and if there is one available you will be prompted to download it.

Tap install after downloading. The update will install and your device will restart.

If you have issues downloading the update over a wireless connection, you can update using iTunes as described above.

Source : Theunlockspot.com