Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people believe in a religion that discriminates against homosexuals?

Okay first of all I respect every ones' opinion no matter what it is and my question is not meant to offend anyone. As we all know we live in the 21st century and everyone should be equal including homosexuals, they are equal and deserve all the rights and respect like any one else, its just like black, white, asian, and all races are equal and all deserve respect. I read in the bible that God says that homosexuality is a big sin and he even doesn’t the respect the rights and the feelings of homosexual people and more over that god killed homosexuals by burning them in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah if you are familiar with it. For me I would never ever believe in that god or religion who doesn’t respect the feelings and rights of homosexual people because I believe every one is equal. So my question is I live here in America and most people are Christian even the country is based on Christian values and is a God believer country, even the people who believe in homosexual rights a lot of them believe in Christianity and its god. Why do people still believe in a religion and god who kills innocent people for practicing their rights? Thanks alot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly. The religion is the problem. In my opinion, If you take Jesus's teachings and look at how he treated people, you would see that even through the sin and rubbish in people's lives, Jesus still loved them. God doesn't necessarily condone homosexuality, but he does not and will never treat those people as any different to everyone else "as we all have sinned and fall short". If we were to act as true 'followers of christ', this would be how would and should act.

However, as I stated at the beginning, the problem is with the fact that people are following the religion. Religion says 'this is bad, therefore you are bad'. God says 'this is wrong, but I forgive you. Come to me and I will love you'

See, you can choose who you will follow. Jesus, or religion?