Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians: Is there any evidence in the bible in which jesus declares himself god

and says to worship him? I have yet to find any evidence in the bible in which jesus says: "I am god, worship me". So why do these jesus freak christians insist upon everyone else that they should 'find jesus' as the true savior (blah blah blah)?

And DO NOT misquote the gospel of John to me.

All those who are lead by the spirit of god are god, according to the bible (i.e. Adam is a son of god, Abraham is a son of god, etc.), so why not worship Adam and Abraham?
    Please, do answer my question instead of simply posting links. I'm interested.

Ivan: you're avoiding my question like the rest. Please give me a specific example in the bible in which jesus says to worship him as you would god.
    Sorry, John M: you're misquoting john yet still. Look into some terminology there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are correct. There is NO where this statement can be found, in fact there are scores of scriptures that he directs worship to his father. The scripture you mention at John is the only one that is often misused. I found some interesting information some may helpful as it goes back to the direct translating...

John 1:1. In the King James Version reads: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God [Greek, ton the·on?], and the Word was God [the·os?].” This verse contains two forms of the Greek noun the·os? (god). The first is preceded by ton (the), a form of the Greek definite article, and in this case the word the·on? refers to Almighty God. In the second instance, however, the·os? has no definite article. Was the article mistakenly left out?
    The Gospel of John was written in Koine, or common Greek, which has specific rules regarding the use of the definite article. Bible scholar A.*T.*Robertson recognizes that if both subject and predicate have articles, “both are definite, treated as identical, one and the same, and interchangeable.” Robertson considers as an example Matthew 13:38, which reads: “The field [Greek, ho a·gros?] is the world [Greek, ho ko?smos].” The grammar enables us to understand that the world is also the field.
    What, though, if the subject has a definite article but the predicate does not, as in John 1:1? Citing that verse as an example, scholar James Allen Hewett emphasizes: “In such a construction the subject and predicate are not the same, equal, identical, or anything of the sort.”
    To illustrate, Hewett uses 1*John 1:5, which says: “God is light.” In Greek, “God” is ho the·os? and therefore has a definite article. But phos for “light” is not preceded by any article. Hewett points out: “One can always .*.*. say of God He is characterized by light; one cannot always say of light that it is God.” Similar examples are found at John 4:24, “God is a Spirit,” and at 1*John 4:16, “God is love.” In both of these verses, the subjects have definite articles but the predicates, “Spirit” and “love,” do not. So the subjects and predicates are not interchangeable. These verses cannot mean that “Spirit is God” or “love is God.”
    Many Greek scholars and Bible translators acknowledge that John 1:1 highlights, not the identity, but a quality of “the Word.” Says Bible translator William Barclay: “Because [the apostle John] has no definite article in front of theos it becomes a description .*.*. John is not here identifying the Word with God. To put it very simply, he does not say that Jesus was God.” Scholar Jason David BeDuhn likewise says: “In Greek, if you leave off the article from theos in a sentence like the one in John 1:1c, then your readers will assume you mean ‘a god.’ .*.*. Its absence makes theos quite different than the definite ho theos, as different as ‘a god’ is from ‘God’ in English.” BeDuhn adds: “In John 1:1, the Word is not the one-and-only God, but is a god, or divine being.” Or to put it in the words of Joseph Henry Thayer, a scholar who worked on the American Standard Version: “The Logos [or, Word] was divine, not the divine Being himself.”

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are 22 times that Jesus calls himself the I AM of the Old Testament. Some of these are - I Am the Good Shepherd. I Am The Way the Truth and the Life. I Am the Resurrection and the Life. I Am He. I Am the Vine. In these statements Jesus declares that He is the I AM that was revealed to Moses when God said I AM THAT I AM! He also states that He is one with the Father.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am a friend of god

Downloads
    Uploads
    The simple statement Jesus made:

Joh 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    Joh 14:7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Joh 14:10 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
    Joh 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

Shalom,

Downloads
    Uploads
    God Himself has decreed that Jesus should be worshipped.....

Hebrews 1v5,6 .... http://kingjbible.com/hebrews/1.htm
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time,
    Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
    And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith,
    .....***And let all the angels of God worship him.***....

Jesus is God.....

1 Timothy 3v16 .... http://bible.cc/1_timothy/3-16.htm
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
    .....***God was manifest in the flesh, ***....justified in the
    Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles,
    believed on in the world, received up into glory.