Internet Explore issues? proxy?

JacksonK

Jul 9, 2008
I can not get Internet explore to work on my computer. I just got the virus by (one of it's many) alias"Vista home security 2011..." and deleted it, however, in the process I think that I have deleted something having to do with internet explore. I keep trying to use it to go on the internet, but it pulls up the old "cannot display this web page" for everything, I clicked "diagnose problems", and it brought up these instructions:

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
4. Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
5. In the Address box, type the address of the proxy server.
6. In the Port box, type the port number.
7. If your network requires separate proxy addresses for different services, such as HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP, click the Advanced button, and then type the individual proxy server addresses to use.
8. When you are finished making changes, click OK until you return to Internet Explorer.

I have no idea what a proxy server is, and when I go to try and change it, the "address box" and "port box" are gray, and do not let me have access to type anything in. I need help getting my internet to work again, thank you.

Back