Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

divx player and xvid player?

hello im using divx player with no problems a lot of movie sites keep asking me to download xvid player what should i do can they both used on the same pc

Downloads
    Uploads
    both need video codecs to be decoded and of course, they can be on same time, if you are a technical guy, you can download codecs seperately and if not, search in google 'cccp' combined community codec pack which comes with media player classic. while installing choose install all contents and youre good to play videos with media player classic. another way is to download vlc player, an open source free player which can play these videos

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes. you can use it both with no problems

Downloads
    Uploads
    You did not specify what type of pc you have nor your operating system. I run WIN7 with a athlon II X4 cpu. I use windows media center to play ALL movie formats. Granted you will need to download some codecs and in some cases (playing flacs) you may need to make registery changes. The two websites below will help you. I built a full blown out pc just for my media room, these are known as HTPC's. They are gaining popularity and you will likey see alot of them on the market by christmas. Google TV, Logitech Revue, WesternDigital's WD TV Live and WD TV Live Hub are just a few, but for real performance and versatility you need to build your own HTPC. Mine Rocks!! Literally.

My system specs are similar to this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19553212#ATX%20System:%20Mid-Range%20System:%20AMD