Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

how come whenever i now upload my videos to my computer they save as DivX...

...or VLC? frustrating? :[? i have a (before someone stole it) nikon coolpix s4000 and s6000. when i first started uploading videos to my computer from these cameras they would upload fine and i wouldn't have to convert them. then one day they started uploading to my computer as either divx files or vlc and it's really annoying because it is tough to convert them and whenever i try to all these crap programs i use to "convert" rip the quality away from HD to choppy and blocky. :[ i don't know what else to do. how do i stop this?
    it used to always just play automatically with windows media player and i would always use the program that came with the camera to upload the pictures and videos with, same when i had my Olympus, but with its counterpart. I used Nikon Transfer.

it used to always just play automatically with windows media player and i would always use the program that came with the camera to upload the pictures and videos with, same when i had my Olympus, but with its counterpart. I used Nikon Transfer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What format or application were you using before the problem? I assume avi format? what player or program did you use before?