Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will and iPhone 3G work on Verizon now?

I recently lost my Cellphone and a friend of mine allowed me to purchase his old iphone I need to know if I can use it on Verizon's network. please help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you need to be sure that the iPhone is unlocked to that network. I don't recommend doing this, but I would put a sim chip from Verizon in there, and if it says "invalid sim" when you turn it on, that means it's locked to a certain network.

But if you would like to use a sim on Verizon's network with the iPhone, you need to get it unlocked. However, I do not know how to do that, you might have to speak with the service provider that your friend was using the iPhone with, to see if they can give you the unlock code, and guide you through how to unlock it.

Anyways, good luck!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    I recently lost my Cellphone and a friend of mine allowed me to purchase his old iphone I need to know if I can use it on Verizon's network. please help.

Hi,

Do you have unlocked iPhone 3g or a carrier locked iPhone 3g ? If your iPhone 3g is locked with any GSM carrier, you can;t use it with other networks until you have unlocked it . If you want to unlock your iPhone 3g, use Remote unlocking method . You can get it from any of the online vendors like Unlock-Zone.com to unlock it . After unlocking your iPhone 3g, you can use it with any other GSM carriers internationally not with CDMA networks like Verizon .