Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Read Disk Error , press ctrl+alt+del to restart?

ok guys, i don't know what's going wrong with my pc, it was working just fine, all that was running was firefox, wmp and utorrent and it was working just fine on windows 7 ultimate
    and just without any reason, it started to get slow and not respond, i waited for some time and nothing happened, i restarted the computer and now i get read disk error. press ctrl+alt+del to restart.
    i don't think there's something wrong with my HDD , i can explore and use it all with knoppix live cd which i'm using now to ask that question
    i don't know what caused that or how to solve it, i found some common answers to that on google. but nothing seemed to work

any suggestions?
    what kind of hard disk problems? i don't wanna lose my data on it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boot from the OS install disk, and chose the console, the type "fixmbr", this will repair the Main Boot Record.
    If tha doesn't work, you will need a new Hard-drive, set the new one as master, if it is an IDE one, and the old as slave, Install the OS on the new hard-drive, and you can access the old one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    try to open windows in safe mode , if it doesn't work then try to repair windows using a bootable disk. it should help. It will no delete any data on your harddisk. Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    try to open windows in safe mode , if it doesn't work then try to repair windows using a bootable disk. it should help. It will no delete any data on your harddisk. Good luck

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    try repairing windows but it sounds like a hard drive problem.

it could just be a failure of the hard drive. can you hook up two hard drives? if so you can transfer your data. also, have you tried repairing windows with the disk?