PlayStation or Xbox? WHICH IS BETTER?

CocoPunk

May 2, 2011
Explain your reasons please.
For your information Xbox has also been hacked before....

@Custard Tart...lmao

I actually have both. Right now I like 360 better just because PSN is down. But PS3 is definatly my favorite, free internet, and browser. I overall just think its classier too, the home screen, the general system, but its personal opinion, I would go with PS3 if I had to. It has built in blue ray and the discs have a blue ray cover meaning its almost impossible to scratch. But what I do like about the 360 is the party chat and music. On 360 you can play music in the background while your playing something with the FX of the game. The party chat is cool too how you can talk with certain others while playing a certain game. Another plus on the PS3 is the controller, It is rechargeable and alot lighter and comfortable. It also is alot easier to sync. I like the headset with PS3 too. You can use a bluetooth and also use if for your phone, ext. 360 does have MSN though and can connect through your windows laptop, but also the wi-fi on a 360 is alot worse. To have wi-fi you either need a new 360 or a wi-fi connector which is 60$. While PS3 has it built in. And the last thing I don't like about the 360 is the new slim and the older version do NOT have the same HD. You have to transfer everythign sepertaly. While PS3 everyhting can be removed personally and the HD can be transfered just incase it breaks or anything. Not that it has red ring or anything. Yellow light is less often then red ring. So personally I believe PS3 wins. Its up to you though. Personal opinion. Hope this helps,

Spencer,

Xbox is great for the non-hacking and the ability to get achievements on two different controllers at the same time. But Playstation has better games more demos and free online. along with better themes and backgrounds. and the ability to listen to music while you play your games. It depends on your taste. I have an Xbox and I'm already sick of paying for online.

it depends on what you want. but first i want to say if you are going to get the xbox get the slim. the original and the elite were riddled with problems at least 40% failed. the slim is better than that but it still has a higher chance of failing than the ps3. so if it was between the original 360 and the ps3, i would definitely say ps3.

the ps3 is the only gaming system with a built in blu-ray player. if you already have one then it doesnt really matter for you. another plus is the ps3 is much quieter than the 360. the disk tray the 360 used spins the disk so fast but it is so loud. also, online gaming for the ps3 is free. from my experience, the online experience for games on both systems is very similar so not paying is great. the main problem of the ps3 is it has incredibly long load times. (i guess there is an advantage to spinning the disk really fast). i have also found in games where there is a lot going on, the picture gets a little choppy. the xbox handles this a little better, but it is not very significant.

the 360 slim now has built in wi-fi but it still doesnt have a blu-ray player. it still has long load times but not as long as the ps3. if you want to play games on xbox live you need to get a subscription. the 360 controller is a little more comfortable in my hand, but the joystick nubs on the ps3 controller tend to work better. the kinect i think is interesting, very innovative. unlike the playstation move which seems to be just a wii knockoff. but kinect games tend to be party games, and if you are just looking for some serious fps games, then the kinect is not really a factor.

personally i use my ps3 more and just have the 360 to play halo.

They each have their pros and cons, for shooter games I prefer the Xbox due to the sensitivity of the controller's setting for more smooth shooting and other games that require precision, however I prefer arcade and roleplaying games to be played on the Playstaion consoles, no real reason behind that statement, though, it just feels more right to play them on the playstation then the Xbox

Playstation is better in terms of technology. It features hi-res graphics, Blu-ray player and other online related conveniences such as Playstation Home. Best if you prefer singleplayer games. A few good exclusive series' such as Killzone and we. Also, online (PSN) is free which is a major bonus.

Xbox 360 is much better on the online fronts though. I find it easier to communicate with friends and there is party chat (in-game chat) which the PS3 doesn't have. Many famous game series' are exclusives to 360, such as Halo and Gears of War. However, Xbox Live (online) is a not free. You have to pay either monthly, every three months or yearly.

I personally prefer my 360 as I have many more friends with one and I'm a big fan of Halo, one of the reasons I first brought an xbox 360.

xbox obviously because while ps3 online is free it is also hacked and has been down for two weeks because sony is shit Xbox isnt hackable first poster is a moron

PLAYSTATION handsdown! :D

Playstation:
-free online gaming (best reason)
-bluray capabilities
-graphics (in my opinion) much clearer and detailed
-better single player games
-still free
-less smaller children running aroung screaming
-yet again..still free

Xbox:
-better for online gaming (reason why you pay $50 a year for it)
-lots of more customization
-less hackers which is a +
-more people online

Honestly I have to say Xbox 360. The controller is more appropriately sized (The PS3 one is kind of wide). The online service, although not free, has some great features and is updated fairly often (~3-6 a year). The game selection is pretty good, and even though Microsoft isn't licensed for certain franchises (Killzone, Gran Turismo, SOCOM) it does have a very large game catalogue. Nowadays, what you're paying for in a Playstation 3 is not worth it. The newest ones are no longer Blu-Ray or Playstation 2 backwards-compatible. Those 2 reasons killed it for me.

Playstation has to be the better entertainment platform but the 360 is the better overall gaming console.

Neither is "better". Only which one you prefer more because of your personal tastes. That does not make your preferred system the best system, all it means is that system suits you better.

I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 but I don't play XBOX that much because I don't have XBOX LIVE is not because I cant afford it but because I find it ridiculous to pay to go online on one console while the other one is free, but I am not going to lie paying £60 is well worth it for a good online experience that is reliable at most times but not all. In my opinion I think PS3 better because it has blue-ray and free online and i think the graphics for some games not all games but some look better than on XBOX. and games that PS3 release are better for example God of war and Uncharted

I have a PS3 and XBOX 360 but I don't play XBOX that much because I don't have XBOX LIVE is not because I cant afford it but because I find it ridiculous to pay to go online on one console while the other one is free, but I am not going to lie paying £60 is well worth it for a good online experience that is reliable at most times but not all. In my opinion I think PS3 better because it has blue-ray and free online and i think the graphics for some games not all games but some look better than on XBOX. and games that PS3 release are better for example God of war and Uncharted

Back