Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why can't he introduce me to his parents even as a friend ?

I come from a family where girls and guys get married by 23-24. i am 23. i have been dating this guy for 7 months now and i do really like him. the problem is his parents don't even know that he has a friend name 'zarna'. i knew him for 4 years before we started dating. till now we used to live very close but now he has gone back to his parents ( 5 hours flight ) since we both finished university. he doesnt even talk to me when his parents are around. ( not just on the phone he wouldnt even talk to me on msn/fb ) he hardly txt 1-2 times a day that too only if i message him first. my family already knows about him. and i have no such problems. they even knew about him when we were just friends.

now my ex is a family friend and just through family functions i see him now and then. the reason we broke up was something very silly. he just told me he still loves me and cares about me which i know is true because he has shown all that ever since we broke up ( 2 years ago ). he has tried really hard to get me back. i love his parents ( i know them for a really long time ) his sister is amazing and even he is a really decent guy. my parents love him.

lately i have been feeling bit tilted towards my ex. I am NOT cheating on my bf. i just dont understand why my bf cant tell his parents about me. if he doesnt want to introduce me as a gf , why cant he introduce me as a friend either ?

should i just patch things up with my ex just because i feel safer with him and insecure with my bf ?
    we both r from the same culture...and i have asked him about this and he just avoided the que. and i have nothing in me which can embarrass him if he introduces me to his parents...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never go by tradition espically for marriage. Marriage is a sacred vow not to be broken and you should chose someone you truely love, because true love never ends. Your ex is your ex for a reason. Never forget that reason because if you two were truely inlove you would never have parted. Also the fact that you want to feel safe and secure isn't going to help if your not inlove, it will only end up creating problems which you will regret in the future. Our past does affect our future trust me on that, I know for a fact. This guy your dating, hes not mr right, i know this because if he loved you he'd want to shout to the world that your his girl, he'd want you to meet his parents, relatives and friends. It seems to me hes prob got another girl who his family already knows and that could be why he doesnt want you around them, or he would get caught. Make sense? Trust me ...all guys want most the time is to sleep with woman, and they usually have a hard time commiting unless you find that rare man who is everything you ever wanted and more. I found such a man but I prayed to find him. I think you should hold high respect for yourself and be picky who you choose. If you show you have high standards others will notice that in you and they will build strong respect for you as well. Don't settle for less because you deserve the best. Work on your career and add a great man to your life later, enjoy these young years because they go so fast and you can never have this time again. Enjoy your family and relatives you'll wish you had as some will pass on. Forget that tradition and make your own tradition, never follow the crowd, your better than them. Good luck, I hope I helped you... Remember whoever you pick could be your spouse one day for life so your going to want someone who cares, loves, and protects you. You can't change or fix a man, so pick one who is already fixed lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your boyfriend why he doesn't want to introduce you to his parents..maybe hes embarrassed.. because when I went on a date with my boyfriend that night he took me to introduce his parents and It was fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    If he's from another culture it might be something to do with that...I'm Mexican and I would not introduce a "friend" to my family very soon he might just need more time IDK food for thought

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it a race issue? If it is then you should tell your boyfriend to man up and introduce you to his parents. If he can't even tell his parents about you then it probably isn't going to work out.