Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xoxox
    There are always rude people at yard sales.

But it is nice when you come across the nice ones, and they make your day because they are happy to do business with you.

I remember when i was 10, i had this bike that i had used only about 5 times, i bought it for 100 dollars with my first Communion money, and this guy came up and asked the price and i said, well i was hoping that people would name their price, and the guy offered me 5 dollars!
    I was like, umm I've only rode it 5 times and it is pretty much new.. and he wouldnt budge his offer.

Then that day we went out to buy lunch, i saw him driving his pretty Jaguar.

what a jerk.

fairymatita
    i hate it when the kids go through the clothes and bunch them all up together and leave it that way
    after you take the time to sort them out by size and boy/girl

Chuck S
    I might go to 10 or 20 yard sales on a weekend, and I can see why someone might think the 'junk' comment. Many yard sales are full of things that should have been thrown away years ago, or at least right before the yard sale.

But that's no reason to be rude about it. Buyers are free to keep looking, leave .. move onto something else etc. Their opinions aren't needed. after all, you don't go into the meat department and complain that the chicken leg isn't filet mignon, you just move onto what you want.

ps. feel free to tell the rude buyers to leave your property immediately. Just tell them the valet will bring their car around momentarily.

sweets_for the_sweet
    yeah>they should go to walmart to start with>>what they have at home probably is worse anyway

Jess
    You seem to have drawn every rude person in the state. Most aren't that bad. It's a shame you had them acting and talking like that.

linzy
    Wow.. That was really rude! I havent been able to have a yard sale in a while since I live in an apartment... But I think people should leave their rude thoughts in their heads!

Sal*UK
    Sadly I think people are just getting ruder generally. We go to a lot of car boots sales here in the UK and I hear it time and time again. Whilst I might THINK these things about some of the stuff I see there, I would never voice it within miles of the stallholder.

ˇ^ivana^˘
    I haven`t had any experience with yard sales so far, but I worked in an info booth 8 hours a day for ten days and the people were SO rude... There were some exceptions, of course, but also people who treated me like a servant, practically threw the money at me while paying, insulted me because I didn`t know where my town got the fences to put around the stages for the concerts... It was horrible.
    Some people, really, should learn how to behave themselves!

nikki-poo
    Nope. Never been to one, or had one.

Amy K
    I had a garage sale 3 weeks ago and it is the last one I'll ever have. Yes, people think they have a right to leave their manners in the car! Why is that -I don't know! What really got to me is the lady who wanted me to lower the price on a 50 cent toy!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12