Me and my boyfriend live in a home in town and we only have our 1 male cat who is almost 2 years old. We were contacted that there was a female, spaded, pure-bred American bulldog that was free to a good home. She is only 10 months old. It was from a breeder who took her in from her previous owner who didn't care for her the way they should have. There was no abuse, but lack of food. We went to visit her and get to know her and she was very tame and mellow and affectionate. She knew basic commands and let an 18 month old crawl all over her. We wanted to give her a try and so far she keeps her mellow personality. When we walk her she listens to everything we say and doesn't give a thought to wild bunnies or squirrels. An occasional pause to see what it is, but then loses interest. I was wary of introducing her to our cat, but so far she hasn't even lunged or tried to play with the cat. I'm confident our cat would stand his ground as he just slinks around the room with his eye on the dog. I'm just not sure if this is just the dogs nervous behavior and she will get rougher as she gets comfortable, or if we just lucked out and got an American Bulldog with none of the "bully" tendencies. I'm not sure if I will ever be comfortable enough to leave them with access to each other when we are at work. That's another question as to the best way to contain our dog when we are both at work, as we are in town but don't have a fenced in yard or a fence crate. We have the large pet carrier and that's about it. I'm just looking for some advice into this breed, as it's not one I ever anticipated myself getting. Can we judge her personality from only 10 months old? Or can she still revert to her natural "bully breed" traits. We would obviously train her as best we could and reward her good behavior. I just know that sometimes the best trained dogs can still have the wrong button pushed and snap out. Any advice is appreciated!