Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best place(s) to get Symbian 3 apps?

I have a new Nokia C7 and I love it. I'm wondering where I can go to look for apps; the Iphone users go to Itunes to look for apps so where do Symbian users go?

I would also apreciate some app recomendations for the following purposes:
    - web browsing over wifi
    - e-book reading
    - some good games
    - maps that work online and offline

I'd prefer it if it was free but the main question is, which website(s) have the most up-to-date apps and a large selection of them? I keep stumbling on blogs and mediocre symbian forums when I try to search for this.
    Thank you Winston that was quite helpful. but more suggestions are welcome

Downloads
    Uploads
    Symbian users go to the Ovi Store which is similar to the App Store found on iOS devices and iTunes. Only that it has Symbian apps.

It should be found in the menu somewhere . You can easily find it as an icon of a blue bag with the Ovi logo on it (the text says Store at the bottom of the icon).

- Browser: Opera Mobile
    - e-Book: I'm not sure bout that
    - Apps: Angry Birds, Asphalt 5 HD (there's a free version)
    - Maps: Not to sure.

--------------

I would find more, but since my phone runs on Symbian^1 (which doesn't get good apps), it's harder for me to suggest what apps you should get since I have to use other sources.

I'm pretty sure, that Ovi Maps (which should be pre-installed on your phone) comes with online and offline data.

Oh, there's also Fruit Ninja Lite the free version. You must remember that the free version of apps is usually the ad version with smaller numbers of levels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Symbian users go to the Ovi Store which is similar to the App Store found on iOS devices and iTunes. Only that it has Symbian apps.

It should be found in the menu somewhere . You can easily find it as an icon of a blue bag with the Ovi logo on it (the text says Store at the bottom of the icon).

--------------

I would find more, but since my phone runs on Symbian^1 (which doesn't get good apps), it's harder for me to suggest what apps you should get since I have to use other sources.

I'm pretty sure, that Ovi Maps (which should be pre-installed on your phone) comes with online and offline data.

Oh, there's also Fruit Ninja Lite the free version. You must remember that the free version of apps is usually the ad version with smaller numbers of levels.

Downloads
    Uploads

--------------