Ok, so, here's the deal. I have a disc with an AVI video file on it that I want to watch using Quicktime. I'm on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5. I've found that I need the xvid codec in order to play this file. So, from apple's website, I got myself to the page where I could download the file, which I did, but now I'm stuck.

I open the icon that appeared on the desktop that looks like a zip drive. In it are 5 files. Two of them are text documents with instructions and a license, and the three other ones are as follows: "REQUIRES Mac OS 10.4" (which I have), "XviD 1.0 Pref App", and "XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component".

Basically the instructions say to "drag the File "XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component" into Library/QuickTime." Which I have no idea how to do.

Also, if I right click on that file and select "open with quicktime" a window shows up that says, "The specified file fork does not exist."

So....... What in Steve Job's name do I do???????? I really need to watch the video on this disc, but if I can't get quicktime to play it.......... Thanks all!