Ben Roethlisberger does something positive in a bathroom

admin

Administrator
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is utilizing the old, but highly effective "put a reminder of something you need to overcome on your mirror" motivation technique from Rocky IV.

Roethlisberger grabbed the nameplate from his Super Bowl XLV locker -- a game his team lost to the Green Bay Packers -- and put it on the mirror in his bathroom. Ben's heart's on fire to get back to the Super Bowl, and to again be the winner.

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"The day I got back, I took my nameplate from my locker -- 'Ben Roethlisberger, Super Bowl XLV' -- and it's sitting underneath my mirror in my bathroom. I want to see that every day. It hurts a lot.

"To see that every day is just motivation for me to work out, to bust my butt to not let it happen again because I want to be a champion. And, right now, I'm not a champion."

[...]

"The first loser, and that kills me. Until I can get back to that point, I want to remember the pain, and it's going to burn in me [See? Heart's on fire -- Ed.] until we can get back and win one. If it never happens, I'll be killed, but I'm going to do my best to get back there."

Roethlisberger also says that his ultimate goal is to win more Super Bowls than any other quarterback in NFL history. *Right now, he's got two rings. The gold standard is four, shared by Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana. Tom Brady and Troy Aikman are also ahead of Roethlisberger with three each.

Back