Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

out of SKODA FABIA,VW POLO,SWIFT,FORD FIGO,FIAT PUNTO,BEAT which car ishould buy

guyzz? i need to travel 100 kms a day+ i want a car with low maintenance & cheap n easily available parts here in india,could u plzz suggest me any car amongst them or any other in your knowledge..........what about honda brio,it is going to be launch soon in 2011......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, probably u didn't get the answer that u were looking for. Well
    to start off with you didn't state a preference of fuel. Looking at the distance that you are planning to cover on a daily basis, you should go for a diesel, it would give you considerable savings.

I'll be talking about all the diesel versions only as petrol won't be bringing you much savings given that you would be traveling for more than 100 kms per day. Of all the cars stated the Swift and the Figo are the most economical as entire packages.
    But then if you are looking for brand value and things like premium feel interior then you should go for the volkswagen polo, followed by the skoda fabia. In terms of safety, ie, airbags, abs, pretension seat belts, VW polo is the best of the lot, followed by the skoda and then the remainder of the pack.

Now lets come to the fact of ease of driving, Of the lot the volkswagen diesel and the swift diesel have the best balance of economy and power. But when it comes to ease of driving a lot of other factors come in such as how less often you have to change gears and how is the hard is the clutch, the type of gear shift, the responsiveness of the steering and so on well to sum it all up the swift diesel tops the lot given the fact that you would be driving on Indian roads followed by the VW polo, the fabia, figo, beat and finally the punto.

In terms of after sales services, the maruti swift would have the upper hand as spares are the cheapest of the lot and maximum coverage in terms of service centers.

In terms of fuel economy the entire set of diesel versions of the cars stated give a very decent mileage. Again the mileage depends totally on the way one drives. So based on the fact that you are in India, here's my personal rankings for the cars.
    1.Maruti Swift
    2.Ford Figo
    3.Skoda Fabia
    4.VW polo
    5.Fiat Punto

I've driven around for more than 200 kms in all the cars mentioned, combining urban and rural roads. The Fiat is the worst starting with fit and finish to its turning radius and acceleration, but it has good high speed stability.

Hope this helps. If you have more questions then you can email me. I answer only about cars take a look at my profile you will see what I mean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would for the Swift.

Skoda is just an inferior VW.
    VWs are known for electrical gremlins even when new.
    Fiat is a loser Italian make with Italian reliability.
    Ford is the king of recalls.