i give my guinea pig a few pieces of broccoli,a few pieces of banana and a a slice

That's definitely enough fruit and veggies for one day. Don't feed too much broccoli as it can make them gassy and cause upset stomachs. Banana also isn't a very good thing to be feeding too much of. Red bell pepper is very good as it is high in vitamin C.

Try feeding him some other fruits and veggies as well, like carrot, celery, apple, cos lettuce, green bell pepper, spinach, cucumber, and parsley (I have found these to be quite popular).
Vegetables must be introduced slowly, to avoid digestive upsets. Once introduced, you can supply a variety of them to your pet. Variety is the key to maintaining your guinea pigs health. So be creative.
Also make sure your feeding your little piggy unlimited amounts of oaten or timothy hay, and 1/4 cup of pellets daily.

Visit http://guineapighut.webs.com/diet.htm for more information.

Add apples, green peppers and baby spring mix lettuce. Strawberries once a week is good .Rest is great. Giving them timothy hay daily?

That is good, but I would add a leaf of Romain Lettuce or Bok Choy and maybe half a carrot. Remember they need at least 1 cup of veggies a day.

Give them a little bit of lettuce,little carrots and about a slice of an apple and give them timothy hay.

Give them a little bit of lettuce,little carrots and about a slice of an apple and give them timothy hay.

yes and some apple or romane lettuce. dont give it another kind of lettuce.

Back