Seniors, do you have a technical gadget you especially enjoy?

tgrannytclassof'59

Dec 11, 2010
I really miss my grandkids who live in Idaho, Washington and Missouri, I am in Oregon. I was recently able to get online with them on face time. I enjoy being able to talk with and see them. It's pretty neat that at our age we have things like this available. Do you have a favorite gadget?

maybe the camera in my phone that i forget is there....... cause i have other cameras...

I do love using Skype, for the same reason as you - missing the grandkids. My grand-daughter lives 1,000km away, but my daughter and I Skype once a week, so I can see them. We blow kisses, and she blows them back - its a lovely interaction. When we meet in person, she remembers us - wonderful.

I also love my e-reader....hb gave me an Amazon Kindle for Christmas, and its great. I can buy a new-release novel for $9, or a classic for $2...or sometimes they are free. I can finish a book in the middle of the night, then turn on the wireless connection, go "shopping" for a new book , read reviews, even read a free chapter to see if I'll like it. Then buy it...and it is ready to read in a few seconds. Great service ! The other night I bought the Collected Works of Charles Dickens....$2.99 for 51 stories. Bargain !

Then there is the iPhone....but that's another story !

Back